We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Pine is a game developed by Twirlbound.
Description[edit | edit source]
Pine is a game that adapts to you. Using advanced artificial intelligence systems, the game recognizes your patterns and style of play, and makes its creatures and world evolve to you specifically. Take the role of Hue, a scared but brave adolescent belonging to one of the last remaining human tribes on the island of Albamare, fighting for the survival of their species. Find your way to a new home in an amazing adventure! Pine is in development for PC (Windows/Mac), and if the crowdfunding campaign allows it, the developers would love to bring it to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game is planned to be release it at the end of 2018!
History[edit | edit source]
After the release of With the Wind, it was time for something more ambitious. Founders Marc and Matthijs were playing around with the idea of adapting AI and how this could work in a highly entertaining action adventure game, rather than a fighting game or simulation game. This was the birth of Pine - a game about evolution, adventure and life. Pine started out as a graduation project with a core team of 6 and two additional members from Ratchet Audio. The first showcase, 3.5 months after the start of the project, proved fruitful enough to encourage the developers to keep working on Pine - they knew they had something in their hands that couldn't be ignored. Ever since they have been quite openly developing Pine as a full game.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Your enemies learn your moves and style as you fight them: they observe you, try out different combos against you and physically evolve, to oppose your style specifically! It forces you to adapt to them and to choose your alles and enemies wisely.
- The vast island of Albamare has a mystery around every corner, ready to be explored: As you embark on your necessary adventure, you uncover intriguing details about the history of the island and how the current evolutionary course came to be.
- Survival of the fittest, even when you're not around: Pine is world-centric, meaning things will happen across the island regardless of your actions. Based on knowledge borrowed from evolution and ecology theory, all species will do anything to survive - from small power shifts to the extinction of a sort, the island of Albamare features it all.
- Use a range of fantastic tools to make your way across the island: As you progress, you discover amazing contraptions that help you traverse, interact and fight. Scare away creatures with the Igniter, make your way across large gaps with the amazing Airglider or scale the highest cliffs using strong Climbing Axes!
- Dynamic weather and natural day/night cycles that make the species move and act: Based on their needs, some species will find shelter during the nastiest storms or the coldest nights. Keep an eye out for large migrations as the island's inhabitants are always on the move!